Saturday, April 7, 2012

A little update


The end of my spring break is drawing nearer - I'm really not looking forward to going back to school on Monday. However, a lot of positive things have come of this time off. I definitely feel a lot more prepared to handle life, for sure.

Growing up in a very small town in a very religious Roman-Catholic family, I've been accustomed to a certain way of living and holiday celebrations all my life. But tonight, just for fun, I'm joining my good friend and his family for their Passover celebration, to, in his words, "experience Jewishness." Religion fascinates me even though I'm not particularly religious myself, so it'll be great to learn a little bit more about a different culture of sorts.

As part of my personal growth and development, I've been attempting to eat new foods, do new things, talk to new people and maintain a new, positive attitude. So far, I've been doing very well. I hope to leave to dark pits of anxiety, depression, hypochondriasis and phobia far behind me as time goes on. :) Wish me luck!

As for those DIYs I was talking about... I'll get to them eventually, I promise.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment