Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stumble Saturday!

Introducing a new feature: Stumble Saturday! Huzzah for silly alliteration, but the point is, every Saturday I'm going to post links, photos, and tidbits of information I've discovered and accumulated throughout the week either in my daily life or whilst perusing the magical land of Stumbleupon.



Check out this link of 10 things you can do with coconut oil! I was pretty surprised, especially because I'd never even heard of coconut oil before.

I encountered this fascinating documentary about LSD while on Stumbleupon yesterday. I'm deeply interested in psychology, so it's intriguing to learn about the way that drugs affect the mind. The documentary explains the science behind the drug, its positive and negative effects, its history, modern research, and includes numerous interviews with dealers, scientists, therapeutic patients, doctors, and recreational users. I'd say it's worth 45 minutes of your time!

This article, entitled What You Can't Say, was extremely fascinating to me. It explores present-day taboos in light of the facts that taboos from the past (like the idea that the earth was not the center of the universe) were treated as equally insane and are widely accepted in present day. Thinking about this called to mind how last night, when I was watching the above LSD documentary, my mother went into a manic rant about how drugs are bad and tried to tell me about fifty times that the information in the video was probably false. It wasn't even a video promoting the drug, it was purely education from all perspectives. I pretty much make it my goal in life to explore and know everything about tabooed topics like this, because, as I've said, education is your greatest tool and weapon.

If you don't already follow her, A Beautiful Mess is probably my all-time favorite blog. Elsie Larson is such an inspiration to me. :)

I'm kind of obsessing over this Kaleidoscope Wall Clock.

As a bit of a grammar Nazi, I loved this article about the 20 most common grammar mistakes.

I hope you enjoyed these random links! I'm going to have a lot of fun compiling them for you all. And forgive me for any random typos in this post, because my darling boyfriend was tickling me to death while I wrote it.

No comments:

Post a Comment