1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
¼ cup cooking oil
¼ tsp finely shredded lemon peel
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tin with paper baking cups (or, if making zucchini bread, grease and 8x4x2-inch loaf pan).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine sugar, shredded zucchini, cooking oil, egg, and lemon peel; mix well.
4. Add dry ingredient mixture, stir until just combined.
5. Pour batter into muffin tins, about ¾ full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (if making zucchini bread, bake for 55 to 60 minutes). Cool before eating.