You will need: an empty glasses case, old glass-cleaning cloth (or other pretty fabric), cotton balls, and adhesive (I used glue dots).
1. To start, cut your cloth into a shape that fits the case. Make sure you leave room for the cotton-ball cushion. Use your adhesive to attach the cloth to the top edge of the case.
2. Slightly mutilate your cotton balls by stretching them and fill the indent of the case. You don't need to glue them down.
3. Glue down the rest of the fabric, leaving one side open to stuff more cotton balls in for an extra-poofy cushion. When you're satisfied with the way the jewelry pillow looks, glue down the remaining side.
5. Flip the case over and glue the remaining cloth to the other side of the case. Decorate! I added a few inspiring fortunes from fortune cookies and stuck on a dime just to for a little something extra. Obviously, this is where you can delve into your imagination and decorate however you'd like!
6. Find a place for it in your home and enjoy! If your case is a little off-balance like mine was and has a tendency to fall backwards, lean it against something for support.
I personally think this project would go excellently on a nightstand. You could place jewelry (such as rings) that you wear daily on it before you go to sleep at night, and pick them right up in the morning!